Travel and Hotel
The Fontainebleau Hotel is the conference hotel for CVPR 2009.
|Extended-stay conference rate:
|$143.50 / night (for minimum room price). Standard rooms are sold out as of 6/16/09, however suites are still available for $207.20 / night for stays of 5 nights or longer.
|$179 / night. Standard rooms are sold out as of 6/16/09, however suites are still available for $259 / night for stays of 4 or fewer nights
A 20%/night discount is available on all room types for stays of 5 nights or longer. The minimum room price with discount is $143.20/night. In order to get the discounted rate, reservations must be made in advance and must be made by calling the reservation number (the on-line reservation system does not support the discount). 20% / night discounts are available for SUITES only (as of 6/16/09 standard rooms are sold out). To get the extended stay discount, reservations must be made by calling the reservation number below.
The number for phone reservations is 800-548-8886, the group code is “CVPR”.
Click here to book conference-rate (higher price, not the extended-stay conference rate) rooms at the Fontainebleau Hotel for CVPR 2009.
Alternative Hotel Options:
Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
4343 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida 33140
Phone: (305) 531-7494
Holiday Inn Miami Beach
4333 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida 33140
Phone: (305) 532-3311
Airport Code: MIA
View Larger Map
We suggest that students who would like to share a room (either have a room and need a roommate or don’t have a room and want to share one) join the CVPR09 Facebook group and post their information to facilitate finding roommates. Students should assume all responsibility.
3. Everglades Tour
4. Smart Destinations - listing of numerous attractions in the area
5. Art Deco District (also many new good restaurants in this section of town
6. Scuba Diving (Florida Keys National Park)
7. Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables
8. John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park at Key Largo (great snorkeling about an hour away)
9. Diving tours off Miami South Beach - Tarpoon Dive Center
1. Las Culebrinas (it is a must for good food at reasonable price; the appetizers are enough to fill you up so be careful; definitely leave room for the flan). Two locations in Miami and Coconut Grove
- 4700 W Flagler St, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- 2890 SW 27th Ave, Miami, FL
2. Larios (820 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139) - Glorida Estefan’s restaurant in S. Beach.
3. Bongos - Glorida Estefan’s disco/club and restaurant in downtown Miami
4. La Carreta Restaurant
6. see also http://www.10best.com/Miami,FL/Restaurants/Cuban/
Other Close and Inexpensive Restaurants
View Miami Beach Restaurants Near CVPR 2009 in a larger map