Self-Managing DB WG
Data Engineering Bulletin
What is the Technical Committee on Data Engineering?
The Technical Committee on Data Engineering (TCDE) of the IEEE Computer Society is concerned with the role of data in the design, development, management and utilization of information systems.
The TCDE sponsors the International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE). It publishes a quarterly newsletter, the Data Engineering Bulletin . There are approximately 1500 members of the TCDE.
- Database and the World Wide Web
- Management of Semistructured Data, Metadata and XML
- Heterogeneous, Distributed, Parallel and Mobile Databases
- Data Warehousing and OLAP
- Data, Text and Web Mining
- Optimization of Query Processing and Database Architectures
- Indexing, access methods and data structures
- Temporal, Spatial, Scientific, Statistical, Biological Databases
- Security and integrity control.
How to join the Technical Committee?
If you are a member of the IEEE Computer Society, you may join the TCDE and receive copies of the Data Engineering Bulletin without cost. Just follow the instructions in this page .